Once again, we undertook a very ambitious program of renovations over the recent winter holidays. In just 11 working days the Year 1 classrooms and both adult toilets were transformed. Apart from some finishing touches, which includes the delivery of some beautiful hardwood furniture, the results are beyond our expectations.
The Year 1 children and their teachers love their new learning environments which include:
- Climate-controlled air conditioning and heating
- large 75" ICT screens
- new hardwood furniture and storage units
- new carpets and wet area lino
- child-friendly sinks
- new whiteboards
- bold new noticeboards
- new blinds
- refitted storage room
- fresh paintwork throughout.
These upgrades will continue during the next break with Year 2 enjoying a similar makeover. These learning environments will also see new split-system air conditioning and heating installed.
Beauty and the Beast Jr musical production is in full swing
Over the past two weeks it has been terrific to see all the children back on campus eagerly tackling the fresh learning opportunities and units of work that the new term brings. With our musical production Beauty and the Beast Jrin full swing, as well as numerous incursions and excursions set to go, it certainly promises to be a busy and rewarding seven weeks to come.
Our Production Workshop Day on Monday will be a great opportunity for parents, students and teachers to work together to produce costumes, props and scenery for our much-anticipated musical.
Campus traffic flow
We all value the safe arrivals and departures inside our beautiful school grounds, but it needs everyone’s co-operation to make it work. Heeding this advice will help traffic flow:
Consider using our reliable school bus services
- Parking at the Tennis Club and walking to and from school is a healthy option.
- Give way to our buses as they enter and exit the gates.
- More left hand turns out of Era Court will improve traffic flow.
Kiss and go in the morning
- Arrive between 8.00am and 8.15am – this eases congestion in our car park.
- Move to the end of the drop off zone so other cars can pull in behind you.
- Do not get out of your car – children should be able and are encouraged to exit independently.
Prompt afternoon pick up
- We ask our ELC and lower school parents to punctually collect their children and move off campus to create parking for others. Parents in Years 3 to 6 please do not arrive too early. Our staggered dismissal times are designed to ease the car park.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Head of Junior School Donvale